Teams add-in button grayed out in Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• I've been working through an issue on the MS Answers forums and after a couple exchanges, they sent me to another thread that I can't link here for MS security reasons apparently, but none of those solutions worked for me either.

One of my coworkers has a greyed out button for the Teams add-in in her Outlook. I've tried the uninstall/reinstall route, checking the Add-ins checkboxes in Outlook, making sure both Windows and Office are all up to date. She's using the same credentials for both, which we confirm by logging into the Office 365 portal. She's the only one for whom this isn't working in our company. The Support and Recovery Assistant wasn't able to diagnose anything. Several others of us have the same model laptop and set up as this coworker too. I'm at the end of my troubleshooting for this. Any ideas?

Friday, May 1, 2020 8:44 PM

All replies

• What is Outlook 365 version?

Is she ever installed any other version of Outlook such as Microsoft store on that laptop?
    If yes, how did you uninstall before you install the Office 365 from portal?

Did you uninstall Microsoft Office Store manually using Power Shell and verify that was removed?

Sunday, May 3, 2020 3:24 PM
  • Hi,

Welcome to our forum.

>>Teams add-in button grayed out in Outlook

Which button is grayed out? Is this the following?

If not, could you please provide the screenshot of this? (If you cannot put the screenshot here, you can upload it to OneDrive (https://onedrive.live.com/) and then share the link here.)

She is using an Office 365 email account, right? Since here is only one user encountered this problem, this should be either computer(Outlook client, Windows cprofile) problem or account problem.

To check whether this is a client issue, please go to the web mail and see if she can use Teams add-in here.

Besides, since her profile may be corrupted, please try creating and using a new Outlook profile via Control Panel > Mail > Show profile and see if there is any difference.

it is also suggested to repair her Office installation and see if there is any difference.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 4, 2020 2:26 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 5, 2020 7:20 AM