none
(ErrorCode: 0x0201000F) OriginalMessage: Server Issue when doing SP Query - User not found RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, there,

i am trying to migrate content from our SP2013 to SPO using the SPMT. I have Farm Admin and SharePoint Admin rights

However, I constantly get the error "invalid URL", even in the CSV reports of the tool, although in the Setup Wizard I can correctly select individual contents such as lists or libraries.

Even the smallest possibility - a standard document library without metadata, versioning, content types or permissions on AD groups fails as followed:

Ungültige Site-URL "https://[url]". (ErrorCode: 0x0201000F) OriginalMessage: Server Issue when doing SP Query Der Benutzer kann nicht gefunden werden.

Besides the automatic user mapping, I tried the CSV user mapping file variant, but that also fails. My user principal name from M365 is correct and from SP2013 I tried both login name and the value from the user information list (i:0#.w [...] ) and it does not work. 

What else can I do? What could be other reasons for the error 0x0201000F? 

I am grateful for any help

Friday, June 26, 2020 11:56 AM

All replies

• If you are going to use a CSV file to do a custom user mapping then in the migration tool you need to Disable the option Azure Active Directory Lookup.

The CSV file you create will need to be in the following format (3 columns)

Column A - SID for user account or group from your on-prem Active Directory

Column B - the UserPrincipalName from Azure AD

Column C - TRUE if the entry is an AD group and FALSE if the entry is a AD user

Assuming you are synchronizing your on-prem AD with Azure AD the UserPrincipalName from your on-prem AD should match the UserPrincipalName in your Azure AD domain.

I used the following two PowerShell commands to create my user mapping files

User CSV File - add FALSE to Column C to denote that these entries are not AD groups

get-aduser -filter {(ObjectClass -eq "user") -and (enabled -eq "true") -and (userPrincipalName -Like "*")} -Properties * -server yourdomain.com |select-object objectSID, userPrincipalName|export-csv -Path C:\temp\User_Export.csv

Group CSV File - add TRUE to Column C to denote that these entries are AD groups

get-adgroup -Filter {(GroupCategory -eq "Security") -and (GroupScope -ne "DomainLocal")} -server yourdomain.com -properties * |Select-Object objectSID,Name |export-csv -Path C:\temp\Group_Export.csv

I then combined these two files into a single CSV and used that as my final user mapping file.  This assumes of course you are syncing your on-prem AD groups to Azure AD.

I hope this helps

Friday, July 10, 2020 4:38 AM
  • Hello and many thanks for the feedback,

The users and groups are actually synced into Azure AD. I will try your suggestion and get back to you.

Anyway, I noticed one more thing:

In the Central Administration I see another URL under Web Applications - if I use this one, the SPMT can handle it without problems and can migrate, even with Auto-Detect.

But when I try to access my page from the Central Administration/Application Management/Site Collection List, I get the error "Sorry something went wrong - User cannot be found".

Is it possible that there is possibly a wrong mapping of URLs or domains in the background? 

Thanks

Friday, July 10, 2020 6:25 AM