What is the best way to migrate gmail to office 365 small business with complete emails and attachments? RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Gmail from past few years for my official work. But now I have recently checked Microsoft is proving better services then Gmail or G Suite. So i would like to switch from Gmail to Office 365. 
    Moderator, kindly suggest me Is there any option available in O365 where I can import my complete Gmail mailbox to Office 365 account?

Reply ASAP

Wednesday, June 13, 2018 5:01 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Normally, we have two options:

1. Add your Gmail account in Outlook client

2. Import a copy of all of your old email into your Office 365 account

Please refer to the details in this official article.

If you have more concern, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, June 15, 2018 1:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by Andy DavidMVP Monday, July 22, 2019 8:34 PM
    Wednesday, June 13, 2018 7:49 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Normally, we have two options:

1. Add your Gmail account in Outlook client

2. Import a copy of all of your old email into your Office 365 account

Please refer to the details in this official article.

If you have more concern, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, June 15, 2018 1:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by Andy DavidMVP Monday, July 22, 2019 8:34 PM
    Wednesday, June 13, 2018 7:49 AM
  • Hi Perry,

Thank your sharing the necessary details but I am still confused with the second point of this article. Which says your old emails will not be visible. But i need all the emails should be transfered to Office 365 account.

Wednesday, June 13, 2018 8:42 AM
  • Hi,

It means that if you configure old account to Outlook, all the items will be stored in your Gmail. It is an individual email account. If you import all the items to your Office 365 account, these items will be stored in your O365 Exchange mailbox and can also be accessed on OWA.

>>But i need all the emails should be transfered to Office 365 account.

In this case, you could follow the steps in the link above to export old items from Gmail and import the pst file to your O365 account.

If you have more questions about this issue, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

• Edited by Perry-Pan Wednesday, June 13, 2018 9:03 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, June 18, 2018 1:58 AM
    Wednesday, June 13, 2018 9:00 AM
  • Hi Russel Johnson,

I am writing to see how everything is going with this issue. If the information above was helpful, could you please help mark it as answer so it will be easy for other forum members who might have similar issues to find the useful one?

Thank you for your understanding and support :-)

Regards,

Perry

Thursday, June 14, 2018 1:10 AM
  • Hi Russel Johnson,

Was my reply helpful to you? If yes, would you mind marking it answer to close this case?

If you have further concern, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 8:29 AM