Problems With Safe Mode RRS feed

• Question

• I have a lot of problems with my internet saying "Not Responding." Google said to try using the computer in Safe Mode to fix this. Okay. I did about 3 times, and it worked like a miracle. Now when I try to go into Safe Mode, it says "Recovering Files." Then it freezes, and won't go any farther. I have to restart my computer. I have done this multiple times with the exact same result. What is going on?
    Tuesday, February 13, 2018 8:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Is there any error message?

Please try to use the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) to check system files and recovery corrupted files, here are steps:

1. Open Command Prompt (as administrator).

2. Type sfc /scannow, and then press Enter.

If it still can’t work, please check if you have installation media. If yes, please try to do a in place upgrade, it will save your programs and files.

Here is a link for your reference.

How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 & Windows Server 2008 R2

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2255099/how-to-perform-an-in-place-upgrade-on-windows-vista--windows-7--window

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Vera Hu Monday, February 26, 2018 1:41 AM
    Wednesday, February 14, 2018 2:02 AM
  • Hi, 

How’s everything going? Please feel free to give me any update.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 26, 2018 1:41 AM