none
Outlook Anywhere 2426686.ADM Template For Outlook 2010 Doesn't Work ?

Question

• Hi there in your kb article https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2426686 you state that the 2426686.adm template will give you the additional options for Outlook 2010 ... Have imported the template and have the OA options for Outlook 2013 but nothing for 2010??

I have  added the template to a new GPO, Tested and options not there.

I have gone back into this GPO edited and can see the template is still in there when trying to add template. Refreshed GPO's, Still no extra options ?

Many Thanks

jFranko82

Friday, February 05, 2016 5:00 PM

Answers

• > I have  added the template to a new GPO, Tested and options not there.

Hm - there should be a node at the very bottom: "Classic administrative
    templates".

Thursday, February 18, 2016 2:51 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Please point your mouse at the Administrative Template to check whether you retrieve from local or central store. Make sure you are importing the right template.

Whether you are looking into the right place under User Configuration?

In addition, how about downloading the below Office 2010 Administrative Template files (ADM, ADMX/ADML):

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=18968

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 08, 2016 4:54 AM
  • Yan,

The link you provide doesn't work ?

When i hover over Administrative Templates it says downloading from central store.

The template is the correct one i downloaded from MS.

I am looking for the new settings in the place that's stated in the kb article

If im downloading from a central store is there something else i need to do ?

Many Thanks

jFranko82

Monday, February 08, 2016 12:14 PM
  • If you are using central store them, you are using ADMX file for administrative template from central store, then every GPO will have the same administrative template. But ADM file still can be added for every single GPO.

I would like to know do you have Office 2013 or Office 2010 installed on the DC which you want to see those setting.

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 09, 2016 7:25 AM
  • I am updating the GPO's via the MMC on a VDI which runs Office 2010

I am adding the ADM to the one GPO currently to test the settings that i need but like i said they are not showing.

Can you confirm that the download from Microsoft works for yourself and you get the extra settings ?

Tuesday, February 09, 2016 3:39 PM
  • I've now logged onto the DC also and done the same process Adding the ADM Template to the one GPO refreshing but no extra options available for Outlook 2010.

Could it be a problem with the template ?

Tuesday, February 09, 2016 4:40 PM
  • NOTE: MS Office/Outlook is NOT installed on the DC

Many Thanks

jFranko82

Tuesday, February 09, 2016 4:53 PM
  • > I have  added the template to a new GPO, Tested and options not there.

Hm - there should be a node at the very bottom: "Classic administrative
    templates".

Thursday, February 18, 2016 2:51 PM