none
Different TimesheetUID in (Pages & Web Services) vs Reporting Database in Project Server 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

There is a strange issue in our project server 2010.

The current timesheet of a user has different TimesheetUID in reporting database vs web services and pages. 

I already deleted and created new timesheet for him but TimesheetUID in reporting database didn't changed. when i delete timesheet via webservice the wrong timesheet will remain in database (MSP_Timesheet_OlapView).

We have a rapper for timesheet that uses reporting database for retrieving timesheet data and webservices for submitting timesheet and because of this issue it breaks for the user.

How could i delete this timesheet from database and/or how could i fix this not equality between database and webservices?

Thanks in advance.

Aria Cop - SharePoint And Project Server Development & Administration

• Edited by Aria_Cop Saturday, March 30, 2013 9:44 AM
    Saturday, March 30, 2013 9:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Aria,

I have also seen this in the past and got it solved by calling MS Support. So that is my first and for sure best suggestion. I want to encourage you to do so!

Rebuilding Reporting DB will NOT help, since timesheet tables are not affected by this process.

My second suggestion: Send an e-mail to b(dot)henhapl(at)gmx(dot)net. I a willing to share my knowledge how it was resolved, but would like to verify that you have a similar situation as I had and make sure that you only try to correct it with a reliable fall back scenario. Moreover, I don't want to provide information like this in a public forum, with the risk that someone is reading not carefully and is not aware of the risk related to the process.

Regards
    Barbara

Saturday, March 30, 2013 10:15 AM
  • Hi Barbara,

Thank you for your reply.

I will send email as soon as possible.

Thanks again

Saturday, March 30, 2013 10:54 AM
  • Hi Barbara,

I Created a new timesheet for him with the TimesheetUID of Reporting database and then deleted it by webservice and it removed from database and then created it by appropriate Guid and problem fixed.

But we cannot rely on project server that this issue wont occur in future because our payment system is based on our integrated Project server Timesheet and tashskeet and this issue seems a major bug! and my solution is not a permanent solution.

So I must find a solution for the differential Guid of Project server Database and Webservices!

(I checked Published db and found webservices uses Published db because guid in published db was correct)

Regards,

Saturday, March 30, 2013 11:24 AM
  • Hi Aria,

first of all: it's no common issue. All of my customers are working with timesheets, and I saw this once in the past years.

It can happen, if a user deletes an existing timesheet and reporting job for this deletion fails. In this case, timesheet is deleted from Published DB and not from Reporting DB. You should be able to avoid this issue in future by "just" watching queue and take some action in case of failed timesheet reporting jobs, like a retry.

More by email.
    Regards
    Barbara

Saturday, March 30, 2013 5:38 PM
  • Hi,

just an addition. You have this issue, when getting a result with following query. It will work on PS2007 and PS2010. Keep in mind, that queries on Published DB are not supported at all, but nevertheless it can give you an idea of affected users.

USE ProjectServer_REPORTING 
    SELECT     MTR.ResourceName, MTP.PeriodName, MT.TimesheetUID
    FROM         dbo.MSP_Timesheet AS MT INNER JOIN
                          dbo.MSP_TimesheetPeriod AS MTP ON MT.PeriodUID = MTP.PeriodUID INNER JOIN
                          dbo.MSP_TimesheetResource AS MTR ON MT.OwnerResourceNameUID = MTR.ResourceNameUID

WHERE MT.TimesheetUID NOT IN 
    (SELECT TS_UID 
    FROM ProjectServer_PUBLISHED.DBO.MSP_TIMESHEETS)

Regards
    Barbara
    Saturday, March 30, 2013 6:39 PM