none
PS 2013: Connect as anther user... RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Project Server 2013 doesn't present anymore the option "Connect as another user" which was very useful to make numerous tests with numerous different fake users.

Is there another way to change easily the connected user ?

Thanks

Friday, August 23, 2013 5:42 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hold shift key and right click on Internet Explorer icon and select run as different user.

You could you also install small utility from Sysinternals

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/cc300361.aspx

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Sunday, August 25, 2013 8:03 AM
    Saturday, August 24, 2013 9:42 PM
  • Great!

Thanks a lot!

But what are the specific permissions this "fake" user must have to be allowed to connect this way?

NB: I'm working on Win Server 2012.

Thanks again

• Edited by WLID1966 Sunday, August 25, 2013 8:06 AM
    Sunday, August 25, 2013 8:05 AM
  • You mean on local computer?, nothing specific,normal user should be able to use this,you don't need admin rights

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Sunday, August 25, 2013 3:49 PM
  • Yes, on a local computer.<o:p></o:p>

Windows Server 2012 rejected my first connection attempt because I didn't have enough permissions. So in AD I set the "fake" user as local administrator and the connection was accepted. Can I connect this way with less permission than administrator?

<o:p>Thanks</o:p>

Sunday, August 25, 2013 4:00 PM
  • HI WLID1966,

some time back i have blogged to bring this option back to your site, you can follow the instructions to get this option back as it was in PS2010.

http://khurramjamshed.blogspot.ae/2013/04/sign-in-as-different-user-on-sharepoint.html

hope this helps.

Khurram Jamshed - MBA, PMP, MCTS, MCITP ( Blog, Twitter, Linkedin )
    If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”.

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Wednesday, August 28, 2013 12:25 PM
    Wednesday, August 28, 2013 7:38 AM
  • Thanks Khurram

I will work on that

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 12:25 PM