Locked Out of My Email Account RRS feed

• Question

•  

At the log in screen, I started receiving a message that my password was incorrect, when it wasn't.  I would enter the 6 letter/number combination that appeared on the login screen.  After doing this once or twice I could gain access to my account.  But, without a warning the system locked  me out and would not work, no matter how many times I tried.  I don't understand how this problem started, but I just what to select another password, and get into my account.  I've sent numerous tech support emails but I'm getting no where.  Can someone PLEASE help me?
    Tuesday, May 6, 2008 1:13 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Could you please clarify the problem you encounter with detailed information? Which email account is locked out? If the system account is locked, you can refer to following:

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2395176&SiteID=17

Hope this helps.

Wednesday, May 7, 2008 8:32 AM
  • Hi, I am currently travelling around Europe and as such have been locked out of my account 10 times now in 2 weeks. As my security number is my Australian number this is highly inconvient and from all of my research there is no solve for this even though I continue to login from the same device hotmail still can't figure out its me. As such I will be using my gmail account from now on. Cheers
    Tuesday, June 21, 2016 6:55 AM