E-mail to external recipients with the same e-mail domain causes NDR messages when using the POP3 Connector in Exchange 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I have a domain @det.ae which is hosting in etisalat (ISP ) . I have set up this domain in windows SBS2008 and exchange 2007.I'm using pop3 connector to receive emails from ISP to my exchange mailbox and "smart host for internet Email" to send out external domain Emails to ISP  .everything works fine .

all the users on @det.ae able to send and receive emails inside the organisation that is in the lan network but i have this one user (dania.domloge@det.ae ) who is in another country and doesn't have an exchange mailbox in my organisation .when ever a user send any email from exchange the sender gets the below error message from microsoft exchange 2007

"

dania.domloge@det.ae
    The recipient's e-mail address was not found in the recipient's e-mail system. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please check the e-mail address and try resending this message, or provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator."

can somebody help me to configure in my exchange 2007 ,that if any user in same domain send Email to same domain(@det.ae) and the recipient is not found in exchange server (for example dania.domloge@det.ae ) please forward it to ISP .

A help will be highly appreciable .

Thanks a lot in advance .

• Edited by Shaazk4 Monday, August 29, 2016 12:50 PM
    Monday, August 29, 2016 12:27 PM

Answers

All replies

• The POP3 connector is an SBS component, not an Exchange component so I recommend that you post this in the SBS Forum:  http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/smallbusinessserver/threads

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Monday, August 29, 2016 4:15 PM
  • Hi,

Here is a KB for you;

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/kb/2418914

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Jason Chao
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Jason.Chao Monday, September 5, 2016 1:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jason.Chao Friday, September 9, 2016 7:53 AM
    Tuesday, August 30, 2016 6:32 AM
  • Hi,

Would you please provide us with an update on the status of your issue? If the reply helped, if so, please help to mark as answer, it'll be helpful and easily to search for others, thanks for your time.

Best Regards,

Jason Chao
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 5, 2016 1:59 AM