DPM 2012 - Tape Pools RRS feed

• Question

• Will DPM 2012 support tape pools.  We are currently using DPM 2010 and the lack of tape pools is causing me to consider moving to Backup Exec.

• Edited by Ross Norton Friday, November 11, 2011 11:46 AM
    • Moved by Larry Yin Wednesday, March 28, 2012 10:24 PM (From:DPM 2012 Beta - Locked)
    Friday, November 11, 2011 11:46 AM

Answers

• As a broad overview, DPM 2012 allows administrators to create colocation sets for tapes to use.  Protection groups can then be assigned to what colocation set they will be part of (if colocation desired).  To determine if this will fully meet your needs, get your contact information to Prateek as mentioned above.

Thanks, Chris Butcher - MSFT This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 5:45 PM

All replies

• DPM 2012 has a Tape Colocation feature. If you can provide your contact details, I can point you to more details about the feature.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 2:41 PM
  • As a broad overview, DPM 2012 allows administrators to create colocation sets for tapes to use.  Protection groups can then be assigned to what colocation set they will be part of (if colocation desired).  To determine if this will fully meet your needs, get your contact information to Prateek as mentioned above.

Thanks, Chris Butcher - MSFT This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 5:45 PM
  • Prateek, could you please point me to the documentation of the new tape features in DPM 2012 ?

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 11:02 PM