none
Windows Information Protection RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently testing widnows information protection (WIP) features. I was able to successfully deploy a WIP configuration item using configuration baseline. But when I try to deploy another WIP configuration item with other applications, nothing works anymore. When I deploy a second WIP configuration item, the first CI which i successfuly deployed and tested also doesnt work anymore. Do you know this phenomenon? Am I missing or doing something wrong, when creating and deploying a second configuration item? Please help thank you
    Tuesday, November 1, 2016 10:06 AM

All replies

• Hi TestUser-Kyon,

How did you deploy the Windows Information Protection policy?

According to my research, the "Windows Information Protection" policy could be deployed by SCCM( System Center Configuration Manager ) or Microsoft Intune. We could do little on the client side.

I found the following links. It said ""However, if you save the policy without reconfiguring your apps, an updated policy will be deployed to your employees with an empty app rules list."". This may explain this issue.

create-wip-policy-using-intune.md
    https://github.com/Microsoft/windows-itpro-docs/blob/master/windows/keep-secure/create-wip-policy-using-intune.md
    create-wip-policy-using-sccm.md
    https://github.com/Microsoft/windows-itpro-docs/blob/master/windows/keep-secure/create-wip-policy-using-sccm.md

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 2:50 AM
  • Hi MeipoXu,

Thank you for your reply. I deployed WIP using SCCM 2016. It works perfectly as long as I only have one configuration item, in which I can add multiple applications.

But as soon as I add one more configuration item, and deploy it using a new configuration baseline, nothing works anymore.

I need to create a mutliple configuration items, because you can only set one kind of "protection and management modes" for all the applications within a configuration item. My understanding is that if you need different applications with different "protection and management modes" you need to create more configuration items. 

Any idea?

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 7:15 AM
  • Hi TestUser-Kyon,

According to the link`s information and the present symptom, I think there is only one policy could be applied to the machine at a time. Due to the limited working environment, unfortunately it is not available for me to verify this.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 4, 2016 8:52 AM