Licensing for Win XP VMs RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I would like to know if we can host Windows XP VMs in a VDI environment and provide End User access to them using a VDA license. I would also like to check on what type of licensing structure I will have to use in the following scenarios:

1) Hosting VM through a VDI service provider

2) Hosting VM as in XP Mode

Our scenario: We have several applications that we are contractually supposed to be run for a 15 year period (ending in 2017-2018) and they are only compatible with Win XP. We don't intend to host them in our Data Center and if possible we would like to go to a service provider or host it on the user's devices.

Hulikal

Friday, November 14, 2014 2:18 PM

Answers

• Hello,

the VDA license allowed Access to Windows OS Client as VM Desktop but with the current VDA license, you have Access in VLSC only to Windows 8.1/7/Vista.

it mens that the XP Version is not more possible to install it on the VDI Environment. However, if the XP mode inclusiv in Windows 7 Enterprise or peofessional Editions enough for your application, than you can with VDA license install the Windows 7 with the XP mode as featur on it.

thanks

diramoh

Friday, November 14, 2014 3:58 PM