none
SNA Manager Only RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. We are currently upgrading our HIS Server. Then only thing we use is the SNA Manager. I followed the upgrade path and I guess I have to use BIZ Talk server? The problem is, I just want the SNA Manager. I downloaded the 120 day free trial of the BizTalk server, but it wants us to install a slew of things like SQL, Visual Studio, Office, etc. We don't really want to install all that stuff just to get to the SNA Manager. Any suggestions? Any place I can just download that component? I saw a 2009 version of Host Intergration Server, but I think that's just part of BizTalk.
    Thursday, September 9, 2010 5:55 PM

Answers

• If you use SNA Manager, you must have HIS Servers somewhere otherwise there wouldn't be any reason to use SNA Manager. <g>

Host Integration Server is only available as a supplemental license to BizTalk Server starting with the release of BizTalk Server 2006 R2.

Therefore, the only way to get HIS is to license BizTalk Server. Once you get BizTalk Server, a package for HIS will also be available (for download from the Volume License site) or in the images that you obtain.

To install SNA Manager, you have to install the HIS Server components or you have to install the HIS Client and then select the Administration Tools. If you install the HIS Client with the Administration Tools, you won't need to install the extra products (VS, SQL Server, etc.).

The current HIS version is HIS 2009 which is available as part of BizTalk Server 2009.

The following is a link to the HIS Licensing FAQ:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/3/9/E/39EB3E63-997C-47CA-9316-AA0B6CD7F9B8/Microsoft%20Host%20Integration%20Server%202009%20FAQ.docx

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT
    Thursday, September 9, 2010 6:09 PM

All replies

• If you use SNA Manager, you must have HIS Servers somewhere otherwise there wouldn't be any reason to use SNA Manager. <g>

Host Integration Server is only available as a supplemental license to BizTalk Server starting with the release of BizTalk Server 2006 R2.

Therefore, the only way to get HIS is to license BizTalk Server. Once you get BizTalk Server, a package for HIS will also be available (for download from the Volume License site) or in the images that you obtain.

To install SNA Manager, you have to install the HIS Server components or you have to install the HIS Client and then select the Administration Tools. If you install the HIS Client with the Administration Tools, you won't need to install the extra products (VS, SQL Server, etc.).

The current HIS version is HIS 2009 which is available as part of BizTalk Server 2009.

The following is a link to the HIS Licensing FAQ:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/3/9/E/39EB3E63-997C-47CA-9316-AA0B6CD7F9B8/Microsoft%20Host%20Integration%20Server%202009%20FAQ.docx

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT
    Thursday, September 9, 2010 6:09 PM
  • thanks for your reply. That's sorta what we thought, we just thought it was a lot of work just for that one component that we use. Thanks again.
    Friday, September 10, 2010 6:57 PM