none
Installing HIS 2009 Client on Windows 7 Not Connecting RRS feed

• Question

• Installed HIS 2009 Client on a Windows 7 PC. Used Custom settings and was able to get the configuration to save the Sponsor Server and LogonDomain, Username, and Password (Encrypted) for 'This Account' to save in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE registry. Set the Run as Application Flag and DID NOT check the Allow per user settings.

I am logged on as Administrator (Local Account) and when executing SNABase.exe the application never connects to the SNA Server. If I delete the Password from the registry, the SNABase logon dialog displays and I am allowed to log on the SNA Server by entering the password only. The client will then connect. The password is still not saved into the registry and the logon dialog always displays when SNABASE is first executed.

FYI - This is the same behavior we have experienced with HIS 2004.

Our expectation is to be able to install the HIS 2009 client on Windows 7 with the Sponsor Server and LogonDomain, Username, Password (Encrypted) saved in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE registry and connect to the SNA Server without the SNABase logon dialog displaying. Any user logging onto this workstation will get these same settings and connect without the SNABase logon dialog displaying.

Is/Are there a setting(s) I am missing to use common logon params without the logon dialog to connect? Is the HIS 2009 Client able to meet the expectation above?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is a show stopper for us.

Friday, September 17, 2010 8:42 PM

Answers

• See if the following sounds like your scenario:

FIX: You are prompted for a password every time that the SnaBase process starts when you try to connect to a server that is running Host Integration Server 2006 or Host Integration Server 2009 in a non-trusted Windows domain or workgroup

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-US;2297516

If so, you can download the fix and see if it resolves the problem.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by AHull Thursday, September 23, 2010 5:54 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by AHull Thursday, September 23, 2010 5:55 PM
    • Marked as answer by AHull Thursday, September 23, 2010 5:58 PM
    Friday, September 17, 2010 8:55 PM
  • Thanks, Stephen!!! That was the fix I needed. We tested on Windows 7 and XP and it fully meets our expectations. This will allow us to certify HIS2009 for our client desktops. Thanks again!!!

• Marked as answer by AHull Thursday, September 23, 2010 5:57 PM
    Thursday, September 23, 2010 5:57 PM

All replies

• See if the following sounds like your scenario:

FIX: You are prompted for a password every time that the SnaBase process starts when you try to connect to a server that is running Host Integration Server 2006 or Host Integration Server 2009 in a non-trusted Windows domain or workgroup

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-US;2297516

If so, you can download the fix and see if it resolves the problem.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by AHull Thursday, September 23, 2010 5:54 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by AHull Thursday, September 23, 2010 5:55 PM
    • Marked as answer by AHull Thursday, September 23, 2010 5:58 PM
    Friday, September 17, 2010 8:55 PM
  • Thanks, Stephen!!! That was the fix I needed. We tested on Windows 7 and XP and it fully meets our expectations. This will allow us to certify HIS2009 for our client desktops. Thanks again!!!

• Marked as answer by AHull Thursday, September 23, 2010 5:57 PM
    Thursday, September 23, 2010 5:57 PM