none
Approval URL in Approval Email? RRS feed

• Question

• I know that this is possible with the MIM Outlook extensions but I wanted to see if anyone has gotten this to work with just a HTMLL email. Here's the scenario:

Manager is sent the standard approval email asking them to either approve or reject request. The standard link to portal to go to the awaiting approvals is included. My question is, can a URL be constructed and included in the email which allows the manager to click a URL to approve a request without having to go into the MIM portal?  Basically, I am looking to replicate the MIM Outlook extension for approvals and rejections but in a simple HTML link.

If anyone has gotten this to work, please let me know!

If this post has been useful please click the green arrow to the left or click Propose as answer

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 8:31 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I think you can not do that, since you need to create a approval answer request and send it to FIM Service.

Also you can not call the approve/reject function directly by an URL.

/Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

Thursday, March 24, 2016 8:50 AM
  • I think the closest thing you`ll get is adding a direct link.

<a href="http://mimportalurl/identitymanagement/aspx/Requests/RequestProperties.aspx?id=[//Request/ObjectID&type=Approval&_P=1" target="_blank">Click</a>

Regards, Remi www.iamblogg.com

Thursday, March 24, 2016 9:13 AM
  • Hi Scott,

As Peter stated, I believe OOB it can't be done.

That said, theoretically, you can create a custom aspx page and use the Page_Load method to submit a request to the MIM Service to approve the request. In the URL, you can pass some parameters like the requestID, approvalResponse objectID, action to take (Approve/reject) and any other details you can get from the email template. 

Thanks

Eihab

Saturday, March 26, 2016 12:42 AM
  • Hi,

I think it stopped working with MIM SP1 new UI.

Actually it shows approval but when you click approve it doesn't show any submit dialog.

Anyone was using this? (any new workaround :-))?

Borys Majewski, Identity Management Solutions Architect (Blog: IDArchitect.NET)

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 8:43 AM
  • While it is not possible from OOb, I did a Vblog on how one can reduce the number of clicks (to 2/3 clicks) to do an approval direct from an email notification

https://tlktechidentitythoughts.wordpress.com/2016/06/25/vblog-mim-2016-reducing-request-approval-clicks/

Thursday, March 29, 2018 1:24 PM