none
Obviously my worked project lost RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Last time I was working om this file was Thursday 9. April. I was saving a lot of times while working, but unfortunately only to a folder on my desktop. When I had finished working I saved again, but what I do not remember is if I left project open. I most likely did not shut down my laptop, only closed the lid and went home. When I, on Tuesday 14.april was going to work on the file again It would not open:(

The file size is twice my previous save so it looks like I managed to save the new inputs at least.

Please contact me again I there is any more information I can provide you with.

Thursday, June 11, 2015 11:35 AM

Answers

• The general movements are next, in case https://project.recoverytoolbox.com/ Recovery Toolbox for Project can't aid you:

1. Save the corrupted file as an .xml file and close the file

2. Ask your Project Server administrator to delete the project from the

Project Server database

3. Open the .xml project file

4. Click File - Save As and save the file as an .mpp file

5. Import the .mpp file into the Project Server database using Tools - Enterprise Options - Import Project to Enterprise

• Marked as answer by ShermanNash Saturday, June 20, 2015 10:23 AM
    Thursday, June 18, 2015 4:47 PM

All replies

• Hi Sherman,

Can you first tell us with Project version you are using? Also confirm if this is connect to Project Server or in standalone mode?

So what is exactly your issue: did you loose information? or it is just that the file is increasing size?

An advice is to always wait for Project to finish the save operation before closing it.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Thursday, June 11, 2015 11:51 AM
  • The general movements are next, in case https://project.recoverytoolbox.com/ Recovery Toolbox for Project can't aid you:

1. Save the corrupted file as an .xml file and close the file

2. Ask your Project Server administrator to delete the project from the

Project Server database

3. Open the .xml project file

4. Click File - Save As and save the file as an .mpp file

5. Import the .mpp file into the Project Server database using Tools - Enterprise Options - Import Project to Enterprise

• Marked as answer by ShermanNash Saturday, June 20, 2015 10:23 AM
    Thursday, June 18, 2015 4:47 PM