Outlook Connector, Windows Live Mail (Software), Windows Live RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

My company recently upgraded to Outlook 2010. I have been using Windows Live Mail. I also personally picked up a Windows Phone 7 (Excellent Phone BTW!). However, I am totally entrenched in this whole CLOUD thing. I love how I can simply Modify Contacts.. Files etc on My PC With Windows Live Mail, Window Live (online) or on My Phone and it is pretty seemless.

So here is the issue... Can Outlook be a part of this whole fun thing?

ID LIKE:

My Outlook Calendar to Sync with Windows Live (for my phone), and My contacts to be synced accross the board.... Well Microsoft has a SOLUTION!! The Outlook connector! Problem! I DO NOT USE HOTMAIL for EMAIL. I do use all the contact and calendar Solutions from Live however.

In installed it, (Outlook 64bit), it did Sync My contacts.... but nother else worked. It also loaded my down with errors about mail, etc...

ANY HELP!?! I really like Windows Live Mail, I just want to use Outlook basically so I can learn it.. But it seems that without Sharepoint integration or Office 365 that... Outlook is indeed behind in the "CLOUD" ideas.

Any Help would be great!

Thanks!!

VIVA LA Microsoft

Saturday, June 18, 2011 6:33 PM

Answers

• Hi

Thank you for using Microsoft Office for IT Professionals Forums.

From your description, you upgraded all of features of Office to 2010 or only Outlook feature.

1.       If you upgraded office to 2010, the problem might occur if previously installed program cannot be removed.

You can refer to this link to completed uninstall previously version of Office.

How do I uninstall Office 2003, Office 2007 or Office 2010 suites if I cannot uninstall it from Control Panel?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

2.       Create a new profile to test this issue, follow these steps:

1.       Exit Outlook.

2.       Go to Start > Control Panel, click or double-click Mail.

3.       Click Show Profiles. Choose Prompt for a profile to be used.

4.       Click Add.

5.       Type a name for the profile, and then click OK.

6.       Highlight the profile, and choose Properties. Then Email Accounts..., add your email account in the profile.

7.       Start Outlook, and choose this new profile.

If this problem does not occur in the new Outlook profile, the old Outlook is corrupted. We can delete that and use a new Outlook profile.

3.       Download: Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector 64-bit installation

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=21305

Please take your time to try the suggestions and let me know the results at your earliest convenience. If anything is unclear or if there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Hope that helps.

Sincerely

William Zhou CHN
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by Max Meng Friday, June 24, 2011 8:13 AM
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 7:15 AM