Trust Relationship failed Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Experts....I am facing an issue in our environment that random windows 7 client machines have starting reported and error  which says "The trust relationship between this workstation and primary domain failed".

We have tried every possible solution given on google but all in vain. can you please give a concrete solution to this...

Many thanks in advance...:)

Thanks,

Sim
    Monday, January 23, 2017 9:08 AM

All replies

• HI Simant,

kindly follow the below steps 

1. turn off Firewall

2. check the hostname conflicts(unplug the network cable and try to ping the hostname if it pinging then hostname conflicts are there)

3. check the IP COnflicts.(unplug the network cable and try to ping the hostname if it pinging then IP conflicts are there)

4. check the DNS and try to ping the DNS 

5. rejoin the domain 

6. login with the administrator credential and goto my computer and properties --> change setting --> there you can see "Network ID" click it and procedd with that. 

Best Regards,

Surendar S

Please remember to mark the replies as answers 

Monday, January 23, 2017 9:18 AM
  • This seems to happen sometimes when Windows 7 updates become corrupted, I usually fix it with these steps.

1- Unplug Ethernet cable and log into the profile that is normally used (Now that you are off the network it'll used the cached credentials and allow you to log in)

2- Leave the domain, and rejoin the domain

3- Reboot and log in as normal

Monday, January 23, 2017 9:40 PM
  • If you ever see this message on a client machine, you will have to re-join the client machine to the domain.

-Thanks,

Netsanet Tirfea

Monday, January 23, 2017 9:43 PM
  • Hi Simant.Walia,

According to your description, the most common cause for such an issue is workstations (or other devices that use some ad authentication!) that have a duplicate name.

Other causes might be corruption on the end-user side and replication issues on the domain. Also, ip ranges not belonging to a site and thus domain communication over WAN might cause issues. Another cause might be dns regstritaion of the dc's is not correct.

The simple way is try to re-join domain. instead of doing a full rejoin, you can also rest the computer password both on AD and locally:

https://blog.blksthl.com/2013/03/18/fix-the-trust-relationship-between-this-workstation-and-the-primary-domain-failed/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Meanwhile, we could try the fix in the link below.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2526946

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 2:41 AM
  • HI Simant,

kindly follow the below steps 

1. turn off Firewall

2. check the hostname conflicts(unplug the network cable and try to ping the hostname if it pinging then hostname conflicts are there)

3. check the IP COnflicts.(unplug the network cable and try to ping the hostname if it pinging then IP conflicts are there)

4. check the DNS and try to ping the DNS 

5. rejoin the domain 

6. login with the administrator credential and goto my computer and properties --> change setting --> there you can see "Network ID" click it and procedd with that. 

Best Regards,

Surendar S

Please remember to mark the replies as answers

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 4:55 AM
  • Hi Simant.Walia,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved?
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    Best regards,
    Carl

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Saturday, February 4, 2017 9:46 AM