Error encountered when running "netsh nap client show grouppolicy" RRS feed

• Question

• I've installed NAP on our server using IPSec as our protocol for authentication. We've configured our test network to be identical to the step-by-step guide found at: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=298ff956-1e6c-4d97-a3ed-7e7ffc4bed32&displaylang=en

When we run the Command "netsh nap client show grouppolicy" on our Windows XP SP3 machine it begins to display our key and all the data that should show up when running this command, it suddenly receives an error and the command prompt window closes. We've attempted to run the command as administrator as well with the same result.

Any ideas as to why this problem would be resulting?

Thanks

Thursday, October 30, 2008 5:51 PM

Answers

• Jared,

Can you try sending the output of the Netsh command to a file and copy the contents here?

Also exporting the registry contents for HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\NetworkAccessProtection will help.

Thanks,
     Swamy

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 12:44 PM
  • What the events are you getting on your NPS server.
    By the way you can apply the manual NAP-Ipsec setting on your client computer..

try to see if you are retrieving successfully GPO updates from server...

just try gpudate /force on command prompt
    Friday, November 7, 2008 1:20 PM

All replies

• Jared,

Can you try sending the output of the Netsh command to a file and copy the contents here?

Also exporting the registry contents for HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\NetworkAccessProtection will help.

Thanks,
     Swamy

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 12:44 PM
  • Swamy,

I will try getting those outputs to you ASAP. I'm not certain when that'll be considering I'm extremely busy and I've reconfigured everything from the ground up (Considering this is a test environment and it really doesn't matter if I do a fresh install of everything). For the time being, I've reconfigured NAP to use DHCP and I'm still getting a similar error. I will ensure that our Server running as our DC has been formatted. It appears that it's failing when it attempts to gather the certificate from the CA.

Thanks,

Jared
    Thursday, November 6, 2008 4:03 PM
  • What the events are you getting on your NPS server.
    By the way you can apply the manual NAP-Ipsec setting on your client computer..

try to see if you are retrieving successfully GPO updates from server...

just try gpudate /force on command prompt
    Friday, November 7, 2008 1:20 PM
  • Hi Jared,

Do you have time to continue troubleshooting this problem?

Thanks,
    -Greg
    Saturday, November 15, 2008 5:30 AM