Changing or adding to the ‘Interactive Response Group’ Workflow ‘Display name’ as shown in the incoming call alert window. RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to change or add additional information to the information displayed in the incoming call alert (lower right hand corner) window when a new call is received by a response group agent?

Currently the ‘Display name’ as set for the ‘Interactive Response Group’ Workflow is displayed. I would however like to know if it is also possible to additionally include (or even replace the Workflow ‘Display name’) either with the ‘Queue name’ (where the call is currently queuing) or the IVR path the caller has used (e.g in numbers chosen) in the call alert (lower right hand corner) window?  

This would be beneficial where an agent is a member of more than one ‘group’ in the ‘Response Group’ to give them advance notice/understanding of what the caller will be expecting/requiring without first accepting the call. I know all call path / IVR path info is already available when the call has been accepted (in the expanded call window) but this is too late then as the agent has already accepted the call and cannot easily put it back in the queue if they decide that they (now being better informed about the call) don’t actually want to take the call. It would therefore be better to give agents a snapshot of this data along with the Interactive Response Group’ Workflow ‘Display name’ to be shown in the incoming call alert window so helping the agent choose which calls they take based on some advance knowledge of the nature of the call.

I’d therefore like to know if it is possible to use Powershell / scrip to add either the IVR path in numbers / text or just the ‘Queue name’ to the info shown in the incoming call alert window which currently (as default) just shows the ‘Interactive Response Group’ Workflow ‘Display name’.

Thanks for your help.

LJ

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 9:02 AM

Answers

All replies

• I dont think your going to change that behavior of the RGS.

An alternative would be to develope your own RGS using UCMA.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lync/gg581804

+Say thanks and observe basic forum courtesy:
    +If this post answered your question, Mark As Answer
    +If this post was helpful, Vote as Helpful

windowspbx blog: my thots/howtos
    see/submit Lync suggestions here: simple and public

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 2:09 PM
  • Hi Matt,  That's really helpful. I’ll have a look into what you have suggested and see if we have the facility / capabilities to achieve this goal that way. Are you sure it cannot be achieved any other way via the Powershell or a script. Theoretically we are just calling the data displayed from a different field that should exist in the database. 

Any other views you may have would be much appreciated as would your opinion on implementing your solution on using UCMA, in terms of likely success and roughly for someone who knows UCMA how long this would take (it’s not something I have much experience with).     

Thanks again for your help.   LJ 

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 4:07 PM
  • Hi,

Matt is right. You can not achieve it through Powershell or Script. You need to customize the Lync Server service with UCMA SDK. Let the lync server Response groups service send the queue message to the agent client.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, April 20, 2012 9:08 AM