List of hardware i cant install RRS feed

• Question

• before i start.. Microsoft.... Great Job on Aero

M-Audio 2496 Audiophile

Kodiak Digital USB Camera

Realtek Sourround Drivers - Sound still works. but not in my usual 7.1 sourround

Logitch Setpoint Drivers/Functions

Nextech USB WebCam

ASUS Radeon X1600 Video Card - Only On Install  ***BSOD***

i hope microsoft and the 3rd party vendors come out with something soon.

Monday, September 18, 2006 12:57 AM

Answers

• Let me add the MSI K8NGM2-FID motherboard, Vista has an issue with the Vitesse Onboard Nic. and even shutting everything down in bios helped. However I now have Vista installed on 2 different socket builds a NF2 Delta and a jubky old 900 Duron build.
    Monday, September 18, 2006 3:32 AM

All replies

• Let me add the MSI K8NGM2-FID motherboard, Vista has an issue with the Vitesse Onboard Nic. and even shutting everything down in bios helped. However I now have Vista installed on 2 different socket builds a NF2 Delta and a jubky old 900 Duron build.
    Monday, September 18, 2006 3:32 AM
  • I'm having some issues with my Audiophile 2496 also. Although I have managed to get it to work. Seems that the thing that causes the issue is direct x's handling of the current audiophile driver. If I go into something like for example Sound Forge 8, select the output as ASIO or MME then the sound will work fine, however using DX sound will cause sound forge to not playback. iTunes exhibits the same issue, just will refuse to play, and media centre/player cause an IRQ not less/equal bsod when trying to play anything. VLC plays videos/dvds fine but not mp3s, so your audiophile may work, just not in the way you'd expect it to, hope this helps!

Abra

Friday, September 29, 2006 1:42 PM
  • Hi, guys...

Hey, how did you install the AP 2496 drivers on Vista? I can't find them on M-Audio's website!

Thanks a lot!
    Monday, October 2, 2006 5:19 AM
  • There are no direct Vista drivers for the Audiophile 2496 atm, what I did was I had the xp driver installed and upgraded from xp to vista. I believe one of the options for the download on the m-audio site gives you the .inf file rather than the auto-installer, so I'd recommend getting that one and then manually updating the driver, windows 98 style, I'm at work atm but I'll get the driver version my version of vista is currently using when I get back and edit this post.
    Monday, October 2, 2006 1:05 PM
  • I  have connected my Sony DCR-HC40 through firewire and Vista detects it and installs drivers for it but once I attempt to capture anything through Movie Maker nothing happens.
    Tuesday, October 3, 2006 2:30 PM
  • Update: K8NGM2-FID is now running Vista, with an updated 3.5 bios. Version 5728 of Vista, also supported the X600 Radeon PRO video card. Still a no go with my Hauppauge MCE500 PVR card, even though Vista recognized the PVR, and loaded drivers for it. Got to TV-setup scan page, and as soon as it found video, it went all screwy and distorted the sound too.
    Tuesday, October 3, 2006 7:13 PM
  • Could you please elaborate on how you got the 2496 to work? I seem to be having issues. I have manually installed the XP driver but it still won't work. When I switch to ASIO, I get a god-awful buzzing sound from my speakers. Sometimes nothing happens. I've tried ASIO4ALL but it doesn't work. Any and all help would be very much appreciated. You could also email me at crxpartout@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Sunday, January 28, 2007 10:55 AM
  • Yes. I cant get my USB DELL mouse to work with my DELL laptop... it searches for the correct driver updates... and is unable to find them. Also, all of my jumpdrives aren't working... eh... kinda wishing that i didn't get vista...
    Wednesday, February 28, 2007 3:27 AM
  • I installed my Audiophile 2496 in a Media Center Edition machine and thought everything was just fine.  Then I tried to set the sample rate to 88.2 or 96.0 khz and that doesn't work.  (Sounds like the Wa-Wah-wa-wah from Charlie Brown animated movies.)  Put the card back in my old machine,  88.2 and 96.0 work fine.  I tried disabling Media Center Edition in Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services Shortcut >    and it still doesn't work at the higher sample rates.  Is there a software or hardware solution to this issue?

Friday, January 18, 2008 8:19 PM