difference between win7ult upgrade vs windows anytime upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• what is the difference between win 7 ultimate upgrade vs windows anytime upgrade.

I bought win 7 ult upgrade , at the moment got win vista sp2

I do not want to loose my files especially not ms office 2000 i.e. my email in outlook. I will upgrade off 2000 to 2010 but how do I save my emails ?

Monday, April 4, 2011 1:33 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can perform upgrade install  Windows 7 ultimate on  Windows Vista Sp2:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/help/upgrading-from-windows-vista-to-windows-7

Upgrading is the most convenient way to get Windows 7 on your computer, because it keeps your files, settings, and programs from Windows Vista in place.

Usually, we can use Windows ultimate upgrade to upgrade Windows XP, Windows Vista to Windows 7 ultimate. And for Windows anytime upgrade, usually used to upgrade Windows 7 low edition to a more advanced edition. For example: Home Premium to Ultimate.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Tuesday, April 12, 2011 8:18 AM
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 3:15 AM

All replies

• I recommend Windows Easy Transfer.  You can "customize" the export to ensure you have all the data and settings you want to transfer.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, April 4, 2011 6:28 PM
  • Hi,

You can perform upgrade install  Windows 7 ultimate on  Windows Vista Sp2:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/help/upgrading-from-windows-vista-to-windows-7

Upgrading is the most convenient way to get Windows 7 on your computer, because it keeps your files, settings, and programs from Windows Vista in place.

Usually, we can use Windows ultimate upgrade to upgrade Windows XP, Windows Vista to Windows 7 ultimate. And for Windows anytime upgrade, usually used to upgrade Windows 7 low edition to a more advanced edition. For example: Home Premium to Ultimate.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Tuesday, April 12, 2011 8:18 AM
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 3:15 AM