Windows 7 CSC resync of all offline folders ?why? RRS feed

• Question

• Under what condition(s) (if any) is the CSC for Off-line Files expired? Besides a user changing files in a redirected / Synced folder, what would cause Sync Centre to re-cache those files?

For sake of clarifying why I want to know:
    Recently we had a User that returned from a multiple week vacation and once his laptop was connected to the internal network, network and disk activity indicated that Off-line File sync was re-caching all the files that were part of the redirected and synced folder. To re-iterate, Large files that were not changed during the period the user was out of the office (not on the server, not on the laptop) had network and disk resource dedicated to them by Sync Centre. I would like to better understand so that I can set user expectations accordingly, but have found a lack of information about this, or have just been looking in all the wrong places."
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 2:39 PM

Answers

• Hi SteveDiG,

Thanks for post in TechNet forum.

I suspect these files were changed, otherwise, they wounldn't be re-synced. Please check the last Modified time of the files.

Is this issue can be reproduced?

Based on my experience, there's no such a setting for the CSC expired time. You may encounter sync error if the CSC folder size is not enough. At that time, you need to reset the CSC folder size and re-initialize the offline files cache.

Regards,

Miya

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Wednesday, August 3, 2011 9:42 AM
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 5:59 AM

All replies

• Hi SteveDiG,

Thanks for post in TechNet forum.

I suspect these files were changed, otherwise, they wounldn't be re-synced. Please check the last Modified time of the files.

Is this issue can be reproduced?

Based on my experience, there's no such a setting for the CSC expired time. You may encounter sync error if the CSC folder size is not enough. At that time, you need to reset the CSC folder size and re-initialize the offline files cache.

Regards,

Miya

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Wednesday, August 3, 2011 9:42 AM
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 5:59 AM
  • How's going?

Please feel free to give us any update.

Regards,

Miya

Monday, August 1, 2011 9:37 AM
  • As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resovled. At this time, we will mark it as "Answered" as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios. If the issue persists, please feel free to reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up.

By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.

Thanks for your understanding and efforts.

Regards,

Miya

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 9:42 AM