none
Excel throws exception on report generation RRS feed

• Question

• After scanning my network with MAPS (I tried both 4 and 5) I try to generate a report to see the details, the process starts, I see 8 of 8 reports generated, but Excel throws an exception with the details listed below (I tried 2007 and 2010 beta). May be the language or some local setting is the reason of the problem? I'm from Russia

App Event Name: APPCRASH
    App Name: EXCEL.EXE
    Version: 14.0.4514.1004
    Module with error name: mso.dll
    Exception code: c0000005
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
    Language ode: 1049

Additional Info on the Problem:

LCID: 1049
    skulcid: 1049
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 12:46 PM

Answers

• I have not seen this issue before.  I would reason to guess that your correct and your local is causing an issue.  Try setting your local to English…and see if it still encounters this error.

If you can please send us the logs located at %Program Files%\Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit\bin\log to mapfdbk@microsoft.com

Thanks,

Eric

• Marked as answer by G-Hash Monday, March 15, 2010 3:21 PM
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 6:41 PM

All replies

• I have not seen this issue before.  I would reason to guess that your correct and your local is causing an issue.  Try setting your local to English…and see if it still encounters this error.

If you can please send us the logs located at %Program Files%\Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit\bin\log to mapfdbk@microsoft.com

Thanks,

Eric

• Marked as answer by G-Hash Monday, March 15, 2010 3:21 PM
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 6:41 PM
  • It was really a problem with locals. More than that, I've found all the reports, that was successfully generated, I've even read them successfuly. The only problem was to see them right after pressing "Generate report", but this problem is not a problem at all (for me as for user of this SA)

Monday, March 15, 2010 3:28 PM