Windows 10 pro client does not work as a kiosk pc with Server 2012 R2 GPO(custom user interface) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I have a server 2012 R2 with a GPO (Custom user interface) setting up windows 7 pro pc's as a kiosk.

We have a business program called xxx.cmd. When ever the users logged in to windows 7 pc's. The program launched as expected.

I upgrade 2 of the windows 7 pc's with windows 10pro, and now the GPO (Custom user interface) does not work anymore..

Running the gpresult /r does not lists the GPO (Custom user interface) on windows 10 client anymore?

I do have added windows 10 .admx files to my server 2012 R2 but noting helped.

Any idea/help please?

Saturday, September 17, 2016 1:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• Monday, September 19, 2016 11:10 PM
  • Thanks for the reply and links -Mr Happy...

I searched alote aound the net.. and read J.Decters articles...

Nothing helped.... I have still problem with windows 10 clients but not windows7.

The GPO customer user interface launch the .cmd file but not in windows 10 clients.

I do enabled Embeded shell and also added a REG_SZ key called "Shell" with the related valueunder: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies 

But still no luck ..

• Edited by MAyubi Tuesday, September 20, 2016 11:45 AM
    Tuesday, September 20, 2016 11:02 AM
  • Sorry I cannot help further, I do not setup kiosk PCs. Can only suggest you setup one on Windows 10 from scratch using the guide as it sounds like there are differences between Windows 7 and 10.
    Tuesday, September 20, 2016 5:34 PM
  • Hi MAyubi,

I have checked that gpo on my Windows 10 machine and it seems that it has been removed. So I am afraid that gpo won`t work on Windows 10 anymore.

We`d better to refer to the link ("Configure Shell Launcher" part)as Mr happy posted to configure the Kisok mode (use script)on Windows 10.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 8:27 AM
  • It end with i installed the older version of windows 10 pro and avoid updating with microsoft updates.

I wonder why does microsoft does not make a customer servey on each points seperatly to see how many customers will be affected before removing gpo's and things..

Now my gpo works on all machines again. BUT... now i have a new issue:

I am using BG info, to show my company logo as desktop wallpaper and machine name, ip-address, os version etc...but they are not appearing anymore... 

• Marked as answer by MAyubi Monday, October 10, 2016 1:57 PM
    Tuesday, October 4, 2016 12:52 PM