none
bass.dll. RRS feed

• Question

• Every time time I start up a game it comes up with can't find bass.dll. What does this mean? 
    Monday, July 29, 2013 5:28 PM

All replies

• Quartztina

Base.dll is probably a component of the game.  The best way to fix the problem is to re-install that game.

Wanikiya & Dyami--Team Zigzag

• Proposed as answer by ZigZag3143x Tuesday, July 30, 2013 12:54 AM
    Monday, July 29, 2013 5:59 PM
  • Thank you I have done that . Will try again
    Monday, July 29, 2013 6:23 PM
  • I've had a similar issue when trying to use certain applications and re-installing did not help.  The application expects the bass.dll to be part of your system.  You need to either find another application that does install it or find the original source of the bass.dll and copy it to your C:\Windows\System32 folder.  Finding the original file is the best course of action.

Alternative fixes:  

1) Perform a search for "bass.dll" starting on your root drive (normally "C:").  If you find a bass.dll somewhere else on your system then copy it to the "C:\Windows\System32" folder.

2)  Look in your "Recycle bin" and see if you can un-delete "bass.dll".  This is a long shot and likely will only work if you recently deleted a set of files or folders.

3)  Try restoring from an older restore point and see if your application works (even if you have to re-install your app).  Look for bass.dll in the "C:\Windows\System32" folder after you perform the restore.  If it is there then back up the file for safekeeping.  Re-install your application (if it is not on the restore point) and see if it works.

4) In my case, I did not find "bass.dll" on my PC nor anywhere o the Microsoft website.  I did find this thread.  I performed this unconventional fix (may not work for all applications).  I performed a search for "BASS.dll" and found that a different but similarly named .dll file existed in my C:\Windows\System32 folder - "DTSBassEnhancementDLL64.dll".  I made a copy of this .dll in my C:\Windows\System32 folder and renamed it as "bass.dll".  I then tried running the application that was givint me a problem and it worked.

I hope one of these works for you.  Again, the best fix is to find the original "BASS.dll".  

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 11:02 PM