How do you stop Vista from rebooting at logon screen? RRS feed

• Question

• Sort of simple really.  Once at the logon screen my Acer with Vista Home Premium reboots after a few seconds.  I've looked around the web for solutions, one of which was to deactivate missing drivers with Autoruns.  Did that - no help.   Of course, I can't install drivers without rebooting and using "last know good configuration" won't let anything take effect..

Tried Vista boot and recovery CD; it finds no problem.  Used live One Care scanner 3 times so far.  Problems found did not relate to boot problems. 

Computer won't reboot, fix may be simple: update drivers and just reboot. 

I have 3 computers, all with Windows operating system.  Microsoft has made a Mac believer out of me.   Suggest they call their next grand release of an operating system, "Beware of this 2010."  I'm disable, but I work from home, or I used to anyway using my ex-funtional primary computer.  

Ugh!
    Monday, August 31, 2009 9:30 PM

All replies

• Sort of simple really.  Once at the logon screen my Acer with Vista Home Premium reboots after a few seconds.  I've looked around the web for solutions, one of which was to deactivate missing drivers with Autoruns.  Did that - no help.   Of course, I can't install drivers without rebooting and using "last know good configuration" won't let anything take effect..

Tried Vista boot and recovery CD; it finds no problem.  Used live One Care scanner 3 times so far.  Problems found did not relate to boot problems. 

Computer won't reboot, fix may be simple: update drivers and just reboot. 

I have 3 computers, all with Windows operating system.  Microsoft has made a Mac believer out of me.   Suggest they call their next grand release of an operating system, "Beware of this 2010."  I'm disable, but I work from home, or I used to anyway using my ex-funtional primary computer.  

Ugh!

• Moved by Whosane002 Tuesday, September 1, 2009 6:51 PM Not related to Social Bookmarks (From: Social Bookmarks Discussion Forum) (From:Social Bookmarks Discussion Forum)
    • Merged by Karthik T PMicrosoft Support Tuesday, September 1, 2009 8:14 PM duplicate
    Monday, August 31, 2009 9:24 PM