Logon Failed NULL SID RRS feed

• Question

• I am using MAPT on network with Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7 machines. At the page of active directory options, i get the message "the specified domain doesn't exist or cannot be contacted". On the AD (Win Server 2008), event viewer, i see Logon Failed. NULL SID, even though I specified a domain a/c in MAPT for WMI, in the event viewer it seems the Failure reason is unknown username or bad password. And its using the local machine admin.

i have allowed WMI and file sharing on group policies on the AD. though on the clients when i check using netsh firewall show state it shows remote admin mode disable.

i then tried, gpupdate /force. Still nothing.

Any ideas?? Thanks

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 11:41 AM

All replies

• What OS are you running on the machine that has MAP installed? Was the OS installed from an image? Are you able to leave the domain and rejoin using the credentials you provided to MAP?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, January 10, 2012 10:37 PM