Lync "Missed conversation ..." SPAM RRS feed

• Question

• Hello you all,

Our deploy of MS Exchange server and Lync seems to be a little buged. The aim of the bug is when user goes AFK and someone writte to him after a while lync sends an email message to users outlook that he has a missed confersation. The problem - that the users gets tons of missed conversation messages..! There is a way to "solve" it if we take off Under Tools/Options/Personal settings it do not spam users mailbox. But obvious the issue is that user cannot acces conversation history. HOW TO SOLVE THIS EMAIL SPAM PROBLEM?

I have posted about this problem before ( http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/35c3b4da-64ae-43f6-8b74-b7ea3006c9e4/lync-spam-to-outlook )

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 11:54 AM

Answers

• I agree and saw that entry in the forum which why I thought of asking you about the client.

It is always worth trying it - may be your account for e.g. since you said that you had 1k+ notifications once. May be try 'Temporarily' disabling the account and re-enabling the account first to see if that has any effect ?

Murali Krishnan| My blogs: UnifiedMe | Twitter: @Mkris9

• Proposed as answer by Lisa.zheng Tuesday, September 24, 2013 2:28 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lisa.zheng Wednesday, September 25, 2013 3:20 AM
    Wednesday, September 18, 2013 10:38 AM
  • Check if you issue is related with Lync user sign in with multiple clients.

A similar thread for you.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/0057c1c5-2111-4bc8-acae-232bc0fc4352/saved-and-archived-conversation-in-lync

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by Lisa.zheng Tuesday, September 24, 2013 2:29 AM
    Thursday, September 19, 2013 3:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Is EWS and MAPI fully functional between the Lync and exchange ? Also are you saying that you are getting a large number of duplicate Missed conversation messages ? Also is Lync and exchange on the same server vlan / subnet ?

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 3:31 PM
  • Yes, EWS and MAPI is fully functioning.

Yes, employees getting large amount of duplicated missed conversation messages.

And yes, servers is at the same subnet.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:46 AM
  • Are you using Lync server 2010 or 2013 and what client ? Also is it affecting all users or just a couple / few users ?

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 8:54 AM
  • We are using Lync Server 2013. Lync clients versions is 2010 and 2013. It is affectings all users, by saying all I mean not all at one moment, but one day there is problem with one user, other day with other. It  does not meter if uses Lync 2010 or 2013 client.
    Wednesday, September 18, 2013 10:06 AM
  • It seem we are not alone here with this problem.
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/c479c9ce-e717-4935-ab32-4c9e1e619619/repeated-lync-missed-conversation-emails

Here it is disused, Lync client is updated, other solution here was to disable and re-enable , it is a bit crazy to do that for all my lync users...

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 10:28 AM
  • I agree and saw that entry in the forum which why I thought of asking you about the client.

It is always worth trying it - may be your account for e.g. since you said that you had 1k+ notifications once. May be try 'Temporarily' disabling the account and re-enabling the account first to see if that has any effect ?

• Proposed as answer by Lisa.zheng Tuesday, September 24, 2013 2:28 AM
    Wednesday, September 18, 2013 10:38 AM
  • Check if you issue is related with Lync user sign in with multiple clients.

A similar thread for you.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/0057c1c5-2111-4bc8-acae-232bc0fc4352/saved-and-archived-conversation-in-lync

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by Lisa.zheng Tuesday, September 24, 2013 2:29 AM
    Thursday, September 19, 2013 3:20 AM
  • I have a similar issue skype for business is sending sending a new email to my conversation log with my last conversation, all emails are identical including the email dates. It is sending a new email every couple of minutes or so. I have 4,697 copies of the same message in my conversation history in outlook.
    Thursday, June 9, 2016 3:35 PM