none
How to install service pack on Multiple Web and App server farm? RRS feed

• Question

• What should be the steps to perform if I want to install SharePoint and Project Server service packs in a Project Server 2010 farm having multiple web and Application servers? On which server should I run the service pack first and at what point will I run it on others? at what point will I run Config. Wizard?

Thanks!

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 3:05 AM

Answers

• You can install the SharePoint and Project Patch separately or you can install a combined rollup patch (which includes both SharePoint and Project patch).

If you are installing SharePoint and project patch separately,

1] Install the SharePoint service pack on all the servers.

2] Install Project Service pack on all the servers.

3] Run the PSCONFIG on the server which is hosting the Central Administration site.

4] Once the PSCONFIG finishes on the server which hosts Central Administration site, then run the PSCONFIG on all the other servers one by one.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 4:17 AM

All replies

• You can install the SharePoint and Project Patch separately or you can install a combined rollup patch (which includes both SharePoint and Project patch).

If you are installing SharePoint and project patch separately,

1] Install the SharePoint service pack on all the servers.

2] Install Project Service pack on all the servers.

3] Run the PSCONFIG on the server which is hosting the Central Administration site.

4] Once the PSCONFIG finishes on the server which hosts Central Administration site, then run the PSCONFIG on all the other servers one by one.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 4:17 AM
  • Thanks for your response.

At what point do we face following message and what should we do at that time in multiple App/Web server farm?

"You must run Setup to install new binary files for every server in your server farm. If you have multiple servers in your server farm, run Setup and the configuration wizard on the other servers now, and then return to this server and click OK to continue."

Thanks!

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 3:46 PM