none
Restore single item from the exchange backup and how RRS feed

• Question

• Can theDPM 2010 restore single item form the EXchage backup, like email.

As I  have search that DMP 2010 can only restore a complate databsae and it cant restore single email.

If it is doable what is the step required for that.

Sunday, June 20, 2010 11:20 PM

Answers

• Single Mail level Item can't be restored, but a mail box can be restored. At the same time when I said mail box can be restored, even for this the entire database files need to be transferred from DPM server to Exchange server. Once the Exchange is mounted on a RSG group you can restore a mailbox. You can extract the required mail from the mailbox from it. This limitation because Exchange Natively don't support extracting a mailbox/mail without mounting its entire database in Exchange server.
    Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, June 21, 2010 5:35 AM

All replies

• Single Mail level Item can't be restored, but a mail box can be restored. At the same time when I said mail box can be restored, even for this the entire database files need to be transferred from DPM server to Exchange server. Once the Exchange is mounted on a RSG group you can restore a mailbox. You can extract the required mail from the mailbox from it. This limitation because Exchange Natively don't support extracting a mailbox/mail without mounting its entire database in Exchange server.
    Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, June 21, 2010 5:35 AM
  • And how we can restore the mailbox for a user.

also can we restore a folder form the mailbox, like inbox, sent item, contacts , calander...etc

Friday, August 13, 2010 2:45 PM