App-V 5 SP1 SCCM 2012 SP1 Mount Package Extremely Slow RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, I'm currently creating some app-v sequences for reasonably large applications. The current application has a .appv file  with a size of approx. 700MB.

Regardless of whether I set the package to Stream content from distribution point or download content and run locally in the SCCM deployment, the actual load of the appv package into the app-v cache seems to take forever.

To give an example, if the sccm deployment is set to download content from DP, it takes about 1min for the BITS download of the app-v package to the sccm client cache.

But the actual full load of the package into the app-v cache takes about 20mins - and this is direct from the local sccm cache.

If I set the SCCM deployment to stream from the distribution point, after running the published shortcut on the desktop, it again takes about 20mins for the full stream to load into the sccm cache (this is on a LAN 100MB/1GB connection).

Does anyone else experience this speed? Shouldn't the load into the app-v cache (mount-appvclientpackage) take a similar time to the actual package download time e.g. 1 min?

Is there any configuration that can be adjusted in relation to this?

Appreciate your help.

Friday, November 29, 2013 4:29 AM

Answers

• Hello,

As far as I know there are no configurations to speed up streaming from local disk. As you experience the same from local SCCM cache and from a DP, I would assume its not network related in anyway but the issue lies perhaps more on the receiving end.

If you perform a mount-operation using PowerShell, does that also take 20 minutes?

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Friday, November 29, 2013 8:10 AM

All replies

• Hello,

As far as I know there are no configurations to speed up streaming from local disk. As you experience the same from local SCCM cache and from a DP, I would assume its not network related in anyway but the issue lies perhaps more on the receiving end.

If you perform a mount-operation using PowerShell, does that also take 20 minutes?

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Friday, November 29, 2013 8:10 AM
  • Hi, I've tried a powershell mount command following sccm publish to user, but this also takes 20 mins. 

I've tried sequencing another large application, about 800mb appv file, and the same behavior occurs.

I am performing user deployments as opposed to global machine deployments, so I'll try a global deployment and see if the speed is the same. 

Within the appv package I've tried stream faulting, feature block and full download but the spotted is the same.

Friday, November 29, 2013 9:16 AM