Extreme loading RRS feed

• Question

• I get extreme hard drive processing when I play music. ESPECIALLY new music which is odd. It goes away, comes back, goes away, comes back... I turned indexing off and I have Vista Basic 32bit
    Saturday, January 12, 2008 5:33 PM

All replies

• Hello Nile,

Thanks for your post!

Please update the drivers for BIOS, motherboard and audio card, and then check the issue again.

If the problem still occurs, please let me know

1.    If this problem occurs when using Windows Media Player to play music?

2.    The system information of your computer, especially motherboard and audio adapter.

3.    More details and description of the problem.

Thanks!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 9:07 AM
  • I have updated my audio driver already, which improved the problem somewhat.  But, there are no updates for my BIOS and I cant find where to update my motherboard nor info about it.

1. Yes
    2. I cant find where to update my motherboard nor info about it.
    3. When I pause the music, the problem goes away. I have disabled sound enhancements.
    Wednesday, January 16, 2008 10:13 PM
  • Hello Nile,

Thanks for your feedback.

Based on my experience, this issue is possibly caused by hardware confliction or incorrect power management. In such a case, I need to check the hardware compatibility and available update released by manufacturers.

To send me the system information, you may use the following steps:

1.   Click Start and then click Run…

2.   Type msinfo32 and press Enter.

3.   Click File and select Save to store the information into a .NFO file.

For your convenience, I have created a workspace for you.  You can upload the information files to the following link.  (Please choose "Send Files to Microsoft")

Workspace URL: (https://sftasia.one.microsoft.com/choosetransfer.aspx?key=9736493f-b345-4b8d-b0bc-ba3e9b921e01)

Password: xVAj_aTRAv*[dlx

Note: Due to differences in text formatting with various email clients, the workspace link above may appear to be broken.  Please be sure to include all text between '(' and ')' when typing or copying the workspace link into your browser.

Thanks for your cooperation! We are happy to be of further assistance.

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Thursday, January 17, 2008 2:23 AM
  • When i try uploading the file to that, i get an error.
    Saturday, January 19, 2008 1:17 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks for your feedback!

I recreate another workspace, please try again:

https://sftasia.one.microsoft.com/choosetransfer.aspx?key=e6a7d39c-d4f6-4dab-afe0-b358e3cfec16

The password is: hDSEbchG[JD*!+5

Please also let me know:

1.    If the problem occurs when playing music with other player? For example, iTune.

2.    Whether this problem occurs after performing a clean boot:

(KB929135) How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;929135

3.    For more efficiently troubleshooting this problem, please also contact the manufacturer of the motherboard and hard disk to report this problem, and see if this is a known issue.

Thanks! I'm happy to assist your from Windows side.

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 1:59 AM
  • Hello,

As this thread has been quiet for a while we will be changing the issue type to ‘Comment’.

If you wish to return to this question you can go ahead and change the type back to ‘Question’. Then you can edit your initial post and change the radio button at the top of the post editor window.

If the issue has been resolved, we’d love to hear your solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.

Thanks!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 6:44 AM
  • Sorry I havent been able to reply because of the forum merge or deleted thread message I got. Anyway, that workspace does not work either.

1. yes
    2. yes but not as bad as before
    3. I do not know the manufacturer of my motherboard.
    Tuesday, January 29, 2008 10:29 PM