none
Color Expression for KPI RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I'm trying to get a Color Expression set-up on an SSAS KPI to show in a Scorecard in PP2010.

I came across this post indicating this is not supported but given that it was from 2007 I was hoping this had changed for the 2010 version.

Anyone know if this is supported or am I just missing something?

Thanks,
    Daire

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 2:28 PM

Answers

• For KPIs the Scorecard wizard will be able to pull in the indicators and logic for KPI from Analysis Services like the status and trend.  If you are talking about setting Color Expressions for the fore and back color on the calculations, this would be leveraged in an Analytical Grid report.  In the Settings in the View section of the Ribbon in the Dashboard Designer there is an option that is on by default that is called 'Show data source formatting'.  This will leverage the Color Expressions that you have defined in the cube.

Here is a posting that goes over the new features in PPS 2010 - http://blogs.msdn.com/b/performancepoint/archive/2009/11/05/new-features-in-performancepoint-services-2010.aspx.

Dan English's BI Blog
    Saturday, January 22, 2011 1:59 PM

All replies

• For KPIs the Scorecard wizard will be able to pull in the indicators and logic for KPI from Analysis Services like the status and trend.  If you are talking about setting Color Expressions for the fore and back color on the calculations, this would be leveraged in an Analytical Grid report.  In the Settings in the View section of the Ribbon in the Dashboard Designer there is an option that is on by default that is called 'Show data source formatting'.  This will leverage the Color Expressions that you have defined in the cube.

Here is a posting that goes over the new features in PPS 2010 - http://blogs.msdn.com/b/performancepoint/archive/2009/11/05/new-features-in-performancepoint-services-2010.aspx.

Dan English's BI Blog
    Saturday, January 22, 2011 1:59 PM
  • Hi Dan,

yes I was talking about Color Expressions on cube calculations and was hoping to display these in the scorecard. The Analytic Grid doesn't really suit me in this case.

Daire

Monday, January 24, 2011 10:27 AM