Event ID 1074 repeatedly occurring on several systems RRS feed

• Question

• Hello --

We have a group of workstations running the Windows 7 64-bit distribution. I noticed the systems in question all rebooted at a specific time this past weekend. All system logs had the following entry:

EVENT ID: 1074 USER32 0x800000ff

I checked on-line for this message, and Microsoft has confirmed this is a problem. Has anyone seen this, and have insight on what, if anything, can be done?

Thanks.

Monday, April 28, 2014 4:32 PM

Answers

• Hello --

I found the cause. It appears there is a scheduled reboot for Sunday on the systems in question. I am contacting the administrator who set this up. Thanks for the help in any event.
    • Marked as answer by Michael_LS Monday, May 5, 2014 9:47 AM
    Monday, April 28, 2014 7:33 PM

All replies

• Does it tell you which process caused the shutdown?  The 1074 event ID just means there was a shutdown but does not provide the reason for it...

I did a bit of reading and it seems like the source maybe user32 - can you validate this?

There is an article posted from someone having similar issues:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/user32-shutdown/5b72dae6-a4ce-4306-b9d8-5535ae759da8

Have you tried the steps in that article?

Garth Gorling, MCSA Windows 7

Monday, April 28, 2014 5:24 PM
  • Hello --

I found the cause. It appears there is a scheduled reboot for Sunday on the systems in question. I am contacting the administrator who set this up. Thanks for the help in any event.
    • Marked as answer by Michael_LS Monday, May 5, 2014 9:47 AM
    Monday, April 28, 2014 7:33 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for sharing your solutions and experience here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 9:29 AM