InfoPath 2013 Standalone & Office 2019 ProPlus RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There

We're experiencing a challenge with InfoPath 2013 working on Windows 10 Pro PCs running Office 2019 ProPlus. InfoPath 2013 bombs out after accepting the program's licence agreement on the "First Things First" dialog box. Any of the Office2019 ProPlus programs continue to work fine without any glitches.

InfoPath 2013 only seems to work after uninstalling Office2019 ProPlus. Is there a compatibility issue between the two and therefore InfoPath 2013 cannot...ever work with Office2019 ProPlus?

Will appreciate any feedback or assistance any one can give.

Monday, September 30, 2019 1:18 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I installed Office 2019 Pro Plus and InfoPath 2013 Standalone(InfoPath 2013 for Office 365 ProPlus Subscription) together on my computer. I could reproduce the issue you are encountering. When I clicked "Accept" on the "First Things First" dialog box, InfoPath 2013 started to stop working and crashed.

To fix the issue, please try adding these two registry keys.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Registration]
    “AcceptAllEulas”=dword:00000001
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Office\15.0\firstrun]
    “bootedrtm”=dword:00000001

If you want to disable the "First Things First" dialog box, you can also add the following registry key:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common\General]
    "ShownFirstRunOptin"=dword:00000001

Please Note:This method contains information about how to modify the registry. Make sure to back up the registry before you modify it. Make sure that you know how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. 

Based on my tests, the method works for me. I can use InfoPath 2013 to work with Office 2019 smoothly.

Hope it helps. If you have any updates, feel free to post back to let us know.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Tuesday, October 1, 2019 5:42 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I installed Office 2019 Pro Plus and InfoPath 2013 Standalone(InfoPath 2013 for Office 365 ProPlus Subscription) together on my computer. I could reproduce the issue you are encountering. When I clicked "Accept" on the "First Things First" dialog box, InfoPath 2013 started to stop working and crashed.

To fix the issue, please try adding these two registry keys.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Registration]
    “AcceptAllEulas”=dword:00000001
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Office\15.0\firstrun]
    “bootedrtm”=dword:00000001

If you want to disable the "First Things First" dialog box, you can also add the following registry key:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common\General]
    "ShownFirstRunOptin"=dword:00000001

Please Note:This method contains information about how to modify the registry. Make sure to back up the registry before you modify it. Make sure that you know how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. 

Based on my tests, the method works for me. I can use InfoPath 2013 to work with Office 2019 smoothly.

Hope it helps. If you have any updates, feel free to post back to let us know.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Tuesday, October 1, 2019 5:42 AM
  • Hi,

This thread has been around for a long time. Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. 

Thank you for understanding! If you have any questions, or updates, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Herb

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 1:14 AM
  • This fixed our problem, we have run the registry fix on our fleet of PCs and all is well.

Thanks Herb

Monday, November 25, 2019 7:40 AM
  • Has anyone tested this with SharePoint 2013. We have Infopath forms in SharePoint 2013 but if there is more than one version of office then something wont work. Basically the expectation would be InfoPath would work if it was installed last but all of the office 2019 integration would not work.

Is it possible for both to work with SharePoint at the same time.

Wednesday, February 19, 2020 8:24 PM