none
How to use FIM web service endpoint using JAVA. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am evaluating FIM 2012 R2 and trying to connect the FIM using Java through Web Service exposed by FIM(as per FIM documentation). I searched for WSDL of the FIM webService, however no luck on that. Please someone help me in these issue:

FIM WebService WSDL location?

How to connect FIM using JAVA?

• Moved by SDL Team Thursday, January 3, 2013 8:47 PM FIM Question (From:Microsoft Security Development Lifecycle (SDL))
    Friday, November 30, 2012 10:41 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Update on above issue.

I am able to get FIM related WSDLs and XSDs using SVCUtil.exe tool provided by Windows SDK.

With the help of this WSDLs and XSDs(after minor modification) I am able to generate Java web service client using CFX 2.5.1. This generates on Service pointing to WSDL location "http://localhost:5725/ResourceManagementService/Alternate?wsdl" which was not present in downloaded WSDLs from SVCUtil.exe tool. So I provided location of downloaded WSDL file.

However I am still unable to call FIM web service endpoint as it gives me error:

The endpoint could not dispatch the request.

When I call "IMetadataExchange_MetadataExchangeHttpBindingIMetadataExchange_Client.java" generated using downloaded WSDLs.

How can I check wheather my FIM setup is correct or not in respect to Web services deployment?

From where I can get Alternate WSDL?

Last but not least, how to FIM web service using  Java?

Friday, December 14, 2012 11:15 AM
  • Any updates on this?  We're also thinking about developing a JAVA client webservice...i'd like to know if you've had any success.
    Thursday, January 31, 2013 9:51 PM
  • I'm also looking into this and running into some issues and would love to know where the WSDL is at.
    Friday, February 28, 2014 3:02 PM
  • My advice to customers that want to interact with FIM from a non-.NET context is to write a thin wrapper in C#/VB using the CodePlex FIM Client that exposes a traditional WSDL so you can easily call it from Java.

Thanks, Brian

Friday, February 28, 2014 11:18 PM
  • Hi Taufeeq,

Any update on this? we also have a similar requirement...

Monday, April 20, 2015 4:39 PM