none
PWA > Approvals > History > Status = Incomplete RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to figure out why the 'Status' field of a 'Status Update' Approval shows 'Incomplete' in the History page for Task Statuses.

I was testing a rule a few days ago that automatically accepts everything (i.e., the default config for rules) and then publishes the task updates received by the user.

So, when actual work is submitted, the approver's rule seems to work fine given that the actuals can be found in the project plan and can also be accounted for in other PWA views, but the status indicates 'Incomplete'.

A few days later, I have gone back to check on this status and it now indicates that the status in the History page for the action performed a few days ago has now moved to status = 'complete'.  So my question is this: how long does or should it take to report that the status as 'Complete' within the Approvals History for tasks that are processed this way with an Automatic Rule that also publishes?

Thanks in advance,

\Spiro Theopoulos, Montreal, QC (Canada)

• Edited by Spiro Theopoulos Monday, September 25, 2017 8:11 PM typo found upon review a 2nd time
    Monday, September 25, 2017 8:03 PM

Answers

• Hi Spiro,

Indeed the "complete" status in the approval history page has confused many of us. It actually refer to the task tasks, so as long as there is still remaining work on the task, the status will remaining as incomplete. It is not related to the task update, neither to the approval status, but only the the task completion status.

For example, if you have multiple assignments on a task, if an assignment is completed but not all assignments, the task will still be incompleted.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Monday, September 25, 2017 9:02 PM