none
Synchronisation error 0x809909B0 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Data Protection Manager 2012 r2 server (rollup 3) trying to back up a client server. I get the error below.

The protection agent on <backed up server> was temporarily unable to respond because it was in an unexpected state. (ID 60 Details: Internal error code: 0x809909B0)

All other servers this Data Protection Manager server backs up are fine. I have rebooted the client, but to no effect.

Any ideas what might caused this.

Best wishes

Michael

Monday, December 8, 2014 4:51 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It could be that the DPM agent (DPMRA service) is crashing during backups - please install DPM 2012 R2 UR4 and see if that helps. 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, December 8, 2014 10:20 PM
  • I have now done that and it still fails. I used to work. I broke about 8 days ago.

Best wishes

Michael

• Edited by bazcurtis178 Wednesday, December 10, 2014 3:10 PM
    Wednesday, December 10, 2014 1:38 PM
  • A bit more information. It will back up the f: drive on that server, it is only the e: drive that fails.
    Wednesday, December 10, 2014 2:55 PM
  • Hi,

If DPMRA is crashing, I think you should open a support case and let us investigate.

If you want to pursue this immediately, you can visit the following web site to open a support incident. The charge to your CC will not be processed until your case is resolved and closed, if it's a code defect in the DPM then we wave all charges.

http://support.microsoft.com/select/Default.aspx?target=assistance

In the Quick product finder, enter:

System Center 2012 R2 then select System Center 2012 R2 Data Protection Manager

In the next screen, chose the option that applies.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 4:13 PM
  • I think I have cracked. I decided to look more closely at the disk that wouldn't backup and it had a folder called _Can't delete. It had some files in that I just couldn't get rid off. They were too long. Even if I made every folder to those files 1 character still no good.

I then excluded that file and a consistency check ran. As this actually ran I assume all was good, it is still running, but it look positive.

In the end I managed to delete the files by a tip I found online.

robocopy c:\empty "annoying folder location" /mir

Copies the empty folder to the folder with the long filenames. As it is empty, so is the pesky folder.

I will come back and confirm tomorrow. That folder has been there a long time so I am not sure why Data Protection Manager is upset about it now.

Best wishes

Michael

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 4:49 PM