Invalid Creditials on Local MDT RRS feed

• Question

• So I've been using MDT on my local machine and I can't seem to get it to connect properly.  It keeps saying I have invalid creds. I have given permissions for the admin to have access the shares.

Bootstrap.ini -

[Settings]
    Priority=Default

[Default]
    DeployRoot=\\GENJI\MDTBuildLab2$
    SkipBDDWelcome=YES
    UserID=Strepo
    UserPassword=password

Ive tried .\Strepo and GENJI\Strepo. I've even started over with a new virtual machine. I have also done the whole regenerate boot images through the update deployment. The connection to the deployment is fine but the creds aren't good. I've even took out the creds in  hope that I was see something from the MDT side but that still didn't even work. 

any ideas on how to resolve this???

Monday, June 13, 2016 12:36 PM

All replies

• Hi

When I use MDT locally or in a workgroup I always use IP.

UserID=192.168.0.10\Strepo

Kind regards
    Per Larsen
    Twitter: @PerLarsen1975 | Blog: osddeployment.wordpress.com
    If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Monday, June 13, 2016 2:45 PM
  • Nope. Tried that. Doesn't work unfortunately.
    Monday, June 13, 2016 3:14 PM
  • Hi

It should work with IP.

What is in the bdd.log files??

Kind regards
    Per Larsen
    Twitter: @PerLarsen1975 | Blog: osddeployment.wordpress.com
    If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Monday, June 13, 2016 3:20 PM
  • I can not find the location of those files. I'm doing this all local and I searched for bdd.log on my C: and my partition for MDT. I've even stated a log file in the customsettings file. Doesn't seem to want to write to it even though I've set up the share with permissions to access it. I've been trying to find a log now for days but it seems like it has to be in a network location for it to work. Doesn't seem right to me though...
    Monday, June 13, 2016 5:51 PM
  • I can not find the location of those files. I'm doing this all local and I searched for bdd.log on my C: and my partition for MDT. I've even stated a log file in the customsettings file. Doesn't seem to want to write to it even though I've set up the share with permissions to access it. I've been trying to find a log now for days but it seems like it has to be in a network location for it to work. Doesn't seem right to me though...
    Read the FAQ.

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

Monday, June 13, 2016 6:57 PM
  • Well I don't have SCCM so I can't use cmtrace because its server side.. In the temp folder there isn't any info on MDT or a bdd.log. I don't understand how I am supposed pull the logs when its ran locally..
    Monday, June 13, 2016 7:45 PM
  • I use CMTrace all the time with an SCCM server. There are more places you can look and it is discussed in the FAQ. 

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

• Edited by Ty Glander Monday, June 13, 2016 9:39 PM
    Monday, June 13, 2016 9:36 PM