none
how to position cursor at address bar instead of bing when window opens RRS feed

• Question

• When I start IE 11 with msn.com as the home page, the cursor is positioned  in Bing search. I don't mean the Bing taskbar.

Is there any way to position the cursor at address  bar ?  I know F6 will move the cursor or I can just click on it.

My friend ( really ) just types without looking and is frustrated he is always in bing.  

Thanks

Sunday, November 23, 2014 10:53 PM

Answers

All replies

• WYSIWYG with msn.com as your homepage.

Alt+D will position the cursor in Address bar.

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-Windows Client since 2002 Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft

Monday, November 24, 2014 6:22 PM
  • Thanks, I didn't know that one.

My question wasn't clear enough.

Is there a way to automatically  set the cursor into the address bar when the homepage opens ?

Can ALT+D be automatically executed when the homepage opens ?

Thanks   

Monday, November 24, 2014 7:33 PM
  • [1] Is there a way to automatically  set the cursor into the address bar when the homepage opens?

[2] Can ALT+D be automatically executed when the homepage opens?

A1. No, not with the New MSN as your homepage.

A2. No, with msn.com as your homepage, you'll need to execute the keyboard shortcut to place the cursor in Address bar.

If you have further questions about customizing your msn.com homepage, you can begin your own, new thread in this Consumer-specific forum: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/newmsn/forum/newmsn_set

You will find Consumer-specific support for IE11 in this forum: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie11

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-Windows Client since 2002 Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft

Monday, November 24, 2014 10:54 PM
  • Thanks for the response.
    Monday, November 24, 2014 11:06 PM
  • You're welcome & thanks for your feedback.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 6:26 PM