none
Project Server 2010 - Access is Denied - Project Web Access Permissions - Manage SIte Services RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Project Server 2010.  The problem is simple but I have no idea for the solution since the simple solution doesn't work.  In Project Web Access Permissions the checkbox for Manage Site Services was unchecked.  Well, when I go back in (as Administrator in PWA) and check it back on I get the error "The permissions update failed for the following reasons:  •Access Denied"  

So......I can't turn it on because it is off.  How do I programatically or otherwise turn it back on since the check box doesn't work?

Thanks.

Friday, November 5, 2010 8:07 PM

Answers

• So, we decided after having dealt with the October CU fiasco that we wouldn't waste anymore time trying to figure this out.  So, we took another instance that was similar enough and did a backup and restored over our instance and then we re-modified our whole instance so that it had our projects and data.
    Thursday, November 18, 2010 10:20 PM

All replies

• Are you really logged in as administrator?
    Jack Dahlgren blogs at:
    Project and Retrovention
    and rarely Twitter
    Friday, November 5, 2010 10:08 PM
  • Yes, I have confirmed that my user is in the Admin group.  I am able to turn on/off other items like "delegate" with no issues.
    Saturday, November 6, 2010 12:23 AM
  • I also just tested this by logging directly onto the server itself as the administrator of the server, then logging into PWA as the server administrator (and as an administrator in PWA) and I got the same access denied message.
    Saturday, November 6, 2010 2:13 AM
  • Any errors in the ULS log when you get this error?

Chris Boyd

Saturday, November 6, 2010 4:11 AM
  • Well, we added the October Cu and now I can't log in at all.  So, I will get back to trying once they get that issue resolved. 
    Tuesday, November 9, 2010 4:35 PM
  • So, we decided after having dealt with the October CU fiasco that we wouldn't waste anymore time trying to figure this out.  So, we took another instance that was similar enough and did a backup and restored over our instance and then we re-modified our whole instance so that it had our projects and data.
    Thursday, November 18, 2010 10:20 PM