Access a server remotely when connecting UAG DirectAccess RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am not able to connect remote desktop to a Win2K3 SP2 x86 server while connecting using UAG DirectAccess, However I can ping the server with no issue.

Any idea?

Note: The server has SCCM 2007 R3 installed and FEP 2010. If I connect to my network using Cisco VPN client, I can connect remotely to that server.

Thanks

Friday, April 29, 2011 1:09 AM

Answers

• I uninstalled the IPv6 protocol stacks from the server, deleted this server IPv6 address from DNS and it worked fine.

• Marked as answer by AhmadJY Saturday, April 30, 2011 9:30 AM
    Saturday, April 30, 2011 7:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If you can ping your server DNS64 and NAT64 done the job. Are you sure that there is no network restriction on this server you dont have with your alternate VPN solution?

If you can validate network connectivity with an alternate Windows 2003 server, you will be sure that DirectAccess is not the root cause of your problem.

Have a nice day.

BenoitS - Simple by Design http://danstoncloud.com/blogs/simplebydesign/default.aspx
    Friday, April 29, 2011 7:40 AM
  • Hi,

There is no special network restriction on this server. I will try to check with another windows server 2003 server tomorrow inshallah, however I just wonder if this is related to IPv6 protocol on the server?

Thanks

Friday, April 29, 2011 7:46 AM
  • Hi,

Unless you install the Windows 2003 IPv6 protocols stacks, accessing to your server only rely on NAT64/DNS64 UAG feature. In this situation, your Windows 2003 server only receive IPv4 trafic incoming from your UAG 2010 box.

Have a nice day.

BenoitS - Simple by Design http://danstoncloud.com/blogs/simplebydesign/default.aspx
    Friday, April 29, 2011 8:27 AM
  • I uninstalled the IPv6 protocol stacks from the server, deleted this server IPv6 address from DNS and it worked fine.

• Marked as answer by AhmadJY Saturday, April 30, 2011 9:30 AM
    Saturday, April 30, 2011 7:24 AM