Can't change "server draft location" in excel RRS feed

• Question

• First of all, let me say that I hate the new autosave!  I had to keep turning it off, but it's wouldn't stay off.  Then the toggle switch disappeared so I couldn't continue turning it off.  I contacted my school help desk and they told me to delete OneDrive from the path so it would save to Users/XXXXX/Documents/SharePoint Drafts.  I know I've typed my slashes backward here, but my backslash key doesn't seem to be working.  They are correct in the "server draft location" box.  I don't want you to think that's the problem. It can't be the problem because I can't change what's in excel.  It is grayed out.  I don't get an error message when I try to use my backspace or delete, but I do get the Microsoft error sound.  

The change fixed the problem on the laptop I was using while on the phone with the help desk.  They emailed the instructions so I could do the same on my other laptop later.

I am running Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus, Version 1803 (Build 9126.2295). 

Saturday, November 10, 2018 2:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on your description, you're Office 365 and this feature is now retired on Office 365.

As the article said:

If you’re using Office 365 subscription this feature is no longer available. All new files checked-out in Office 365 will check-out using the Office Document Cache. This change enables offline editing of checked-out files and allows you to edit your checked-out files from more than one machine.

If you have a file checked-out to your local server drafts folder and have lost access to this feature you can still retrieve any changes that were not checked-in to SharePoint. You will need to open the local copy of the file from the Server Drafts location to copy any changes you have made, then paste these changes into the checked-out file from SharePoint. Once done, you can check-in the file as normal.

Hope the information is helpful.

Regards,

Emi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, November 12, 2018 9:24 AM
  • Hi, 

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards,

Emi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, November 15, 2018 2:16 AM