none
Windows 2008 requires Smart Card when I try to change password

Question

• Hi All,

We have a system with Smart card login. Some server under domain controller require a smart card login and some others do not require.

For the servers which do not require smart card login I can change domain user passwd by clicking ctrl+alt+del

For the servers which requires Smart card login when I try to change domain user password again it checks smart card and after that give an alert like smart card drivers are not installed for this operation.

I want to keep smart card login but I do not want it to require smart card login to change domain user password.

Do anyone know a way?

Tuesday, October 6, 2015 9:18 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I want to keep smart card login but I do not want it to require smart card login to change domain user password.

Do anyone know a way?

Not as far as I know, require smart card means it is a must that users log on with smart card.

You may either ask users to change their password on other machines which don’t require smart card, or change group policy setting temporarily to disable smart card requirement.

More information:

Interactive logon: Require smart card

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj852176.aspx

Best Regards,

Amy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 8, 2015 8:20 AM