none
DPM 2010 - Automatic consistency check not occurring RRS feed

• Question

• I have a protection group that it inconsistent and is configured to automatically run a consistency check if it is inconsistent.  However, it has not done this automatically yet, nor do I see it scheduled.  When will DPM automatically do this?
    Monday, August 9, 2010 8:16 PM

Answers

• Hello Caleb,

For the auto consistency check to function the DPM access manager needs to be running. Do you see any errors in the event logs as to this service having any problems?

Also, you can find detailed auto consistency check logging in the DPMAccessManager*.errlog  and in MSDPM*.errlog. You can search for autoCC and autoCorrectiveAction for any errors.

Thanks
    Shane

Monday, August 9, 2010 10:25 PM

All replies

• Hello Caleb,

For the auto consistency check to function the DPM access manager needs to be running. Do you see any errors in the event logs as to this service having any problems?

Also, you can find detailed auto consistency check logging in the DPMAccessManager*.errlog  and in MSDPM*.errlog. You can search for autoCC and autoCorrectiveAction for any errors.

Thanks
    Shane

Monday, August 9, 2010 10:25 PM
  • I'm bumping an old thread but we are having this exact error also.  A replica will become inconsistent and will not run the check unless we manually tell it to.  The job is configured to automatically perform the check if it detects an inconsistent state, I checked that the DPM access manager service is running and it is.

I was wondering if there were any suggestions on how to have it auto check if it detects inconsistencies

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 7:22 PM
  • By default, DPM will try to run a CC 15 minutes after the initial detection that the replica is inconsistent.  If that job also fails, then DPM will not try again.  You can adjust the delay and number of attempts using the following keys.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\Configuration]
    "AutoCCDelay"=dword:00000015
    "AutoCCNumberOfAttempts"=dword:00000004

Also, as a best practice I would select BOTH CC options in the PG properties so if auto CC fails, a scheduled one will run every day.  If the replica is already consistent, then the scheduled CC will not do anything, so it won't effect other jobs or performance.

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Proposed as answer by Ben_C Tuesday, March 15, 2011 4:19 PM
    Wednesday, February 16, 2011 8:05 PM