none
How to move assignments from Local resource to PWA usres having the same name (duplicate entries in Resource center) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a question/problem with users defined in MSPS 2013.

Some users was created as Local resources and are assigned to tasks.
    Now these users (same name) was created as PWA users. So they are correctly defined as Sharepoint and can use their active directory id to connect to PWA.
    There are now two entries in the Resources for the same name but with different ID. This looks normal.

My questions:
    How it is possible to move the assignment from the local resource definition to the PWA user for the same name?
    Do we need to delete the PWA user and import the local definition to the PWA definition?  

Thank you in advance for any advises.
    Pascal Jean
    Monday, February 22, 2016 5:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Normally, if the enterprise resource and the local resource have the exact same syntax, when saving/publishing the project plan, the application should ask you if you want to replace the local resource by the enterprise one. Saying ok will remove the local resource and copy on the enterprise one all assignments.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 12:54 PM
  • What I do in this case is rename the one slightly so you can see who is the local.

Then I just untick the one and tick on the other one in the Gantt.

If you have actual work on the assignment then you can't do that though, you won't be able to move the actuals.

Good luck

Ryan Darby

www.ipmo.com.au

Friday, February 26, 2016 5:10 AM