Making changes to Recipient Update Services in Exchange 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• Currently we have 2 locations (A and B) with an exchange 2003 in each location. The server in each location acts as Domain Controller, Exchange 2003, DNS, and DHCP.

Under System Manager>Recipients> Recipient Update Services I have the following options listed:

Recipient Update Server (mycompany) – under properties General tab the Exchange Server is showing as server B and the Windows Domain Controller as Server B.

Recipient Update Services (Enterprise Configuration) - under properties General tab the Exchange Server is showing as server B and the Windows Domain Controller as Server B.

For both services I would like to change the server and domain controller to server A in location A. Is it possible to make the change and what other steps I need to perform once I change the settings such as rebuild…etc.

Thanks….B

Thursday, January 19, 2012 6:45 PM

Answers

• On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 18:45:38 +0000, Bluem1 wrote:

>
    >
    >Currently we have 2 locations (A and B) with an exchange 2003 in each location. The server in each location acts as Domain Controller, Exchange 2003, DNS, and DHCP.
    >
    >Under System Manager>Recipients> Recipient Update Services I have the following options listed:
    >
    >Recipient Update Server (mycompany) ? under properties General tab the Exchange Server is showing as server B and the Windows Domain Controller as Server B.
    >
    >
    >
    >Recipient Update Services (Enterprise Configuration) - under properties General tab the Exchange Server is showing as server B and the Windows Domain Controller as Server B.
    >
    >For both services I would like to change the server and domain controller to server A in location A. Is it possible to make the change and what other steps I need to perform once I change the settings such as rebuild?etc.

You don't have to do anything except change the names of the servers.
    You only have one domain.

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 10:45 PM