none
Pipeline extensibility: How to convert a crawl property from text type to int type in web ctaegory RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

In Fast search for sharepoint 2010, i was trying to crawl the HTML pages which has some metadatas. So after crawling, these metadatas( crawl properties) are in text format. But i need only one crawl property in "integer" type. So i tried pipeline extensibility stage. I added a custom stage which takes a crawled property with type text(31) as input and sets to another crawl property with type int (20) as output. But it is not happening. The 'text' type is not getting converted to 'int' type. While viewing logs, the values are not coming. So can we use this approach to convert type 'text' to 'int' with web category. With sharepoint category, i am able to do but with web category im not able. So please guide me.

Sharath Kumar R

• Moved by GreggPJ - MSFT Thursday, July 12, 2012 1:10 PM moving to correct thread (From:SharePoint 2010 - General Questions and Answers)
    Tuesday, July 10, 2012 11:03 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for your post.

I'm trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue.

Xue-mei Chang

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, July 12, 2012 5:18 AM
  • Hi,

This should work. Remember that all meta tag names from web pages appear in UPPERCASE in the pipeline. So if the html look like this:

<meta name="something" value="1" />

You have to write this in the pipeline config as "SOMETHING" for the pipeline to pick it up, meaning the crawled property name has to be created in upper case. The property you assign it to can be all lower case if you want.

Thanks,
    Mikael Svenson

Search Enthusiast - SharePoint MVP/MCT/MCPD
    http://techmikael.blogspot.com/
    Author of Working with FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint

Thursday, July 12, 2012 6:17 PM
  • Hi Mikael,

some thing similar I tried but the thing is like In custom stage code I am not able to access any of the properties values which are getting created in WEB category where as I can access the values for properties of SHAREPOINT Category only.

For an instance consider this line of code :  string cs = GetValue(document, _inputField);

Now suppose if i configure _inputField to any SHAREPOINT Category property in my PEWS.piplineconfig.xml file It will work as expected

Whereas if I configure _inputField to any WEB category Property in my PEWS.piplineconfig.xml file. as a result I am always getting null in cs variable.

So do I need to change some configuration or any way I can resolve it, any sugesstions/help are most welcome.

Thanks in Advance !!!

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 1:45 PM
  • Hi,

I have never used the PEWS file so I cannot help you. I only use the documented approach. If you are using PEWS you probably have to get in touch with Microsoft Consulting which have developed this for their internal need.

Thanks,
    Mikael Svenson

Thursday, September 20, 2012 8:59 AM
  • Thanks for reply Mikael.

Mikael can you plz suggest how can i get in touch with them on any other forum or any other way to reach out to them it woud be great help for me.

Thanks,

Ujwal Nemade.

Friday, September 21, 2012 8:24 AM
  • Hi,

I suggest contacting MS/FAST support and they can direct you to the right resources. Or contact your MS representative who was involved in the licensing/sales.

Thanks,
    Mikael Svenson

Friday, September 21, 2012 8:39 AM
  • Hi,

I suggest contacting MS/FAST support and they can direct you to the right resources. Or contact your MS representative who was involved in the licensing/sales.

Thanks,
    Mikael Svenson

Friday, September 21, 2012 8:41 AM