none
External LoadBalancer fo UAG RRS feed

All replies

• Hi BD142001,

since the destination address of the denied packet is your VIP address i would guess the Load Balancer is accessing the wrong external IP?

-Kai

Monday, August 29, 2011 10:20 PM
  • I agree with Kai - though it shouldnt say Destination:External - check your TMG config as it should be seeing the NLB address the LB accesses as a localhost address on the external facing interface.  If you installed UAG then add any secondary IPs TMG sometimes does not realise and does not set them as localhost IPs.  Load TMG console, and look in the network tab. 

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 1:04 PM
  • When I look at the networking tab and look at the Local Host it stats there are no IP addresses are associated with this network.

If I did add an IP address after I installeg UAG how would I add this IP to TMG?

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 2:23 PM
  • That would be a problem :)

I'll have a look on my lab and get back to you

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 2:24 PM
  • Hi BD142001,

the "Local Host" and "External" network objects are fully managed by TMG.

Local Host = All IP addresses bound to TMG network interfaces

External = All IPs which are not included in any other network

-Kai

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 2:26 PM
  • On a UAG server, you should not modify any of these settings from inside TMG, it should be accomplished from within UAG. Open UAG Management, then run the "Network Interfaces" wizard which is available from the Admin menu. This will walk you through establishing which NIC is connected to which network, and allow you to define your internal IP ranges. When you finish this UAG wizard, UAG reaches into TMG and makes the appropriate configurations. I would start with that and then give your test another try.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 2:45 PM